Birmingham Injury Lawyers
Home > Birmingham Injury Lawyers
The Birmingham injury lawyers with Belt & Bruner, P.C. have more than 65 years of collective experience representing people who have been injured through no fault of their own. Accidents and unexpected situations can cause devastating injuries. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you may be experiencing severe physical pain and emotional distress. When this happens to you, you may be able to obtain compensation for your injuries and losses through a personal injury lawsuit.
Our attorneys can evaluate your case and help you sort through the legal process. Call us today at .
Top Personal Injury Case Results
What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is any physical or mental injury that a person incurs as the result of someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or malpractice. Harmful acts or inaction by others can be dangerous to those around them. Personal injuries may include neck and back injuries, brain trauma, cuts and bruises, broken bones, mental anguish, and any other injury caused by someone else.
Personal Injuries Can Have Many Causes
Belt & Bruner, P.C. represents victims of personal injury accidents of all kinds. We know how to handle cases involving many different situations, including:
- Vehicle Accidents – Some of the most common personal injury claims involve car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck collisions, and accidents involving other types of vehicles or even pedestrians.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect – Unfortunately people who are older or who are disabled, either physically or mentally, are often unable to protect themselves. It is important that we fight for them if they’ve been injured.
- Medical Malpractice – Injuries caused by professional medical providers can be devastating. It’s unfair to experience injury by someone you thought was going to help you.
- Dangerous Premises – Property owners and managers are responsible for the conditions of their properties. However, people are frequently injured on someone else’s property.
- Workplace Accidents – Workers’ compensation does not always cover all of your expenses, but when someone other than your employer caused your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Defective Products – When you buy a product, you expect it to work safely. If it does not, it may have a defect that caused your injuries.
Injuries May Be Devastating
Because personal injuries are unexpected and often severe, they can be devastating. Injuries may result in intense physical pain, mental anguish, physical impairment, or disfigurement. You may be off work for a significant amount of time and bills may pile up. The Birmingham injury attorneys at Belt & Bruner, P.C. are experienced in dealing with a multitude of personal injuries, such as:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Mild, moderate, and severe brain injuries commonly occur from traumatic experiences. Contact our attorneys to find out how you can recover compensation for your injuries.
- Concussion Injuries – When a person receives a sharp blow to the head, or when a person’s head snaps forward or backward, the brain forcefully slides back and forth against the skull. This causes a concussion and you should contact an attorney to review your options.
- Compression Injuries – When the amount of space within the spinal canal is reduced. Too much pressure is placed on the spinal cord as a result. If the spinal cord compression was caused by the negligent, it is important to take legal action to hold the responsible party liable.
- Burn Injuries – Fires, chemicals, and electrical situations can all cause severe burn injuries. If they were caused by someone else’s negligence, we can explain your options for pursuing a claim.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries can have life-altering effects, including long-term recovery or even paralysis. Our attorneys can help you pursue compensation for spinal cord injuries caused by another person’s negligence.
- Accidental Amputation – Loss of a body part can be devastating, and it can result in the need for extensive medical treatment. Belt & Bruner, P.C. will discuss your legal options and fight for compensation for you injuries.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Claims – RSD may be caused by any kind of injury, no matter how small. Our attorneys can help you prove that someone else may have been responsible for that injury.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome – TOS involves an injury to the neurovascular structures at the root of the neck or upper thoracic region. it can casue serious limitations, discomfort, and can be costly to treat. If your suffered TOS due to someone’s negligence, call Belt & Bruner right away.
- Neck and Back Injuries – Some of the most common personal injuries occur to the neck and back areas. Our attorneys can evaluate your case and discuss your legal options.
- Environmental Injuries – Toxic spills, hazardous waste, and other environmental situations can result in injuries to many people at once. The personal injury attorneys at Belt & Bruner, P.C. can help you pursue a claim.
- Paralysis Injuries – If you have been in an accident that has caused you to suffer from complete or partial paralysis, you may be entitled to funds for your medical costs, living expenses, and pain and suffering. Contact a personal injury lawyer today to discuss your options.
- Dog Bites — Pet owners are responsible for controlling their animals, whether in public or in the presence of guests. Most bites go unreported; however, our attorneys can guide you through the process of making a claim against the owner.
Proving Someone Else Caused Your Injuries
In Alabama, a person is responsible for your injuries if they caused them by acting or failing to act in a reasonable manner. If a person drives dangerously, their failure to adhere to safety standards and laws mandating driver behavior makes them liable for any injuries they cause. However, proving that someone else is responsible for your injuries can be difficult.
The Birmingham injury lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. have decades of experience proving liability in personal injury claims. They know what kind of medical documentation, witness statements, accident reports, and other evidence is necessary to prove that someone else caused your injuries. The process of proving the cause of your injuries can be complex. Seek the assistance of a personal injury attorney so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Other Important Questions You May Have
Personal injury claims can be complex. Our team of skilled attorneys can help you understand the laws that apply to your case and will aggressively represent your rights.
- What is my case worth? — Every personal injury is unique. However, the value of each is based on your injuries, lost income, medical bills, and personal experiences as a result of that injury. Injuries caused by others can result in many losses. Our lawyers can explain the different types of compensation you may be able to receive and help you understand what your case may be worth.
- Personal Injury Statute of Limitations — In Alabama, there is a two-year statute of limitations, or time limit, to make a claim from the date of the incident that caused your injury to file a claim. However, it’s not always clear when that clock starts to tick. Our lawyers can explain how the statute of limitations may apply in your case and help you make a decision about your next steps, quickly.
Call us today at for your free consultation.