Birmingham Product Injury Lawyers
Home > Birmingham Product Injury Lawyers
When you spend hard-earned money on a product, you expect it to adhere to reasonable health and safety standards. If it does not, you may suffer devastating injuries. The Birmingham product injury lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. have extensive experience representing people who have been injured by the negligence of others.
Top Defective Product Case Results
If you have been harmed by a defective product, you may be able to recover compensation through a product liability case. Compensation for your injuries and losses may include:
- Medical costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of use of property
Your product-related injuries may be the fault of the designer, manufacturer, or another person or company. Let Belt & Bruner, P.C. guide you through the legal process while you focus on recovery. Call us today at to learn what we can do for you.
Who is Responsible for Your Injuries?
The term “defect” can mean different things in a product liability case. If a product you own was defective in some way, you may have suffered injuries due to its design, manufacturing, or a lack of warning. Depending upon the kind of defect, several people and companies may be responsible for your injuries.
- Design defect – If a product is designed in such a way that it may cause injury even when manufactured properly and used in a foreseeable manner, it may have a design defect. For example, if a specific model motor vehicle frequently catches fire when it accelerates above 55 mph, it is possible that the vehicle has a design defect.
- Manufacturing defect – If a product is made or assembled in a way that may cause injury even when used in a foreseeable manner, it may have a manufacturing defect. For example, if a motor vehicle is designed properly, but the manufacturer uses a flammable sealant for the gas system, it is possible that the vehicle has a defect caused by manufacturing with substandard materials.
- Warning defect – Products require warnings when they are inherently dangerous even when properly designed and manufactured. For example, a motor vehicle’s fuel cap typically includes a message stating “Caution: Remove slowly. Fuel spray may cause injury.” Without such a warning, the person filling the tank may not know that the pressure behind a fuel cap can cause liquid to spray when the cap is quickly opened without slowly releasing pressure. Although the fuel system and cap are designed and manufactured properly, users need a warning in order to operate it safely.
Common Types of Product Liability Cases
Our Birmingham product injury lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. are familiar with all kinds of product liability cases. We have represented people who have been injured by defective products throughout Alabama. Some common product liability cases include:
- Defective Autos & Auto Parts – Auto companies seem to constantly be issuing recalls due to dangerous and defective auto parts. If you have been injured by a defective vehicle or auto part, the attorneys at Belt & Bruner, P.C. can help you fight the wealthy automotive industry.
- Defective Household Products – Household products, such as heaters, fire alarms, power tools, and cleaning products, have the potential to be dangerous if they are not designed and manufactured safely. Our attorneys know how to work with experts to prove that a product is defective and caused your injuries.
- Dangerous Prescription Drug Side Effects – A medication is dangerous when the side effects are so unreasonably negative that they outweigh the benefits. Pharmaceutical companies have powerful teams of attorneys who will defend claims against them. The attorneys at Belt & Bruner, P.C. have a wealth of resources to fight back.
- Defective Medical Devices – The last thing you expect is to be injured by a medical device that is supposed to help you live. Let the attorneys at Belt & Bruner, P.C. represent your rights if you have suffered due to a defective medical device.
- Defective Machinery Accidents – Industrial machinery and heavy equipment can be extremely dangerous, especially when defective. If you have been injured by dangerous or defective machinery, contact our lawyers today so they can help you obtain compensation for your losses.
What Laws Apply to Your Product Liability Case?
There are many state and federal laws that protect consumers. The way in which those laws intersect can be complex. Although all products must comply with the federal Uniform Commercial Code, state law is detailed in the Alabama Extended Manufacturers’ Liability Doctrine. An individual or company may be responsible based theories such as strict liability, breach of warranty, negligence, and other consumer protection claims.
Our experienced Birmingham product liability lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. are knowledgeable about the laws that apply to various types of product liability cases. We can explain which laws apply to your product-related injury and what to expect from your case.
When Should You Contact a Lawyer?
In Alabama, you must file a lawsuit within 2 years of the time an injury is or should have been discovered. It can be difficult to piece together evidence proving liability for your injuries. We must gather information about the product and its composition, find and interview witnesses, and retain experts who can explain what caused your injuries.
This process can take time. You should contact the Birmingham product liability lawyers with Belt & Bruner, P.C. as soon as possible so we can begin investigating your injury and pursuing compensation on your behalf.
How Our Birmingham Product Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Companies often have deep pockets to fight lawsuits against them. If you have been injured by a defective product, you need the help of a Birmingham product injury attorney.
Belt & Bruner, P.C. has the experience and resources necessary to fight for your rights through negotiations with big companies and in court, if necessary. Our attorneys will help you obtain the maximum recovery possible for your injuries.
Call us today at .