Each year, millions of people in the United States are victims of slip and fall accident that cause unfortunate injuries. They can happen in parking lots, sidewalks, grocery stores, shopping malls, office buildings, restaurants, fitness centers, swimming pools, and just about anywhere. Slip and fall accidents range in severity and can lead to scrapes, wounds, broken bones, head trauma, nerve damage, neck and back injuries, and in some cases, death.
At Belt & Bruner, P.C. we have years of experience ensuring the rights of those who have suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident because of a negligent property owner are protected.
Here are some examples of the most common slip and fall accident causes our firm sees:
- Dangerous Surfaces: Dangerous surfaces frequently trigger slip and fall accidents. These surfaces may be uneven, wet, cracked, or warped. Torn carpeting can contribute to slip and fall accidents as well.
- Hazardous Weather Conditions: Slips and falls that occur outdoors are often caused by hazardous weather conditions such as rain, ice, and snow.
- Nursing Home Neglect: Aging leads to mobility and balance impairments which may make it difficult for seniors who are not properly supervised or care for in a nursing home to stay stable while walking.
- Unsuitable Footwear: Wearing unsuitable footwear such as heels, flip-flops, and shoes with slippery soles can cause slips and falls.
- Poor Lighting: A poorly lit pathway or space can make it easy for people to slip and fall since potential hazards are typically unnoticeable.
- Improper Job Training: In some work areas such as manufacturing and construction, training must be provided to help employees prevent slip and fall accidents. Failure to adequately train employees can lead to slip and fall injuries.
Legal Options for Compensation
If you have suffered from a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you will need to contact an Alabama slip and fall lawyer immediately. At Belt & Bruner we can investigate your case and determine if an employer, property owner, or another third party may be liable for your injuries and damages. You may be able to recover a settlement for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disabilities
How the Slip and Fall Lawyers with Belt & Bruner Can Help
Injured in a slip and fall accident that occurred while you were on someone else’s property? If so, you may be able to recover damages. Regardless of whether you’ve already been offered a settlement from the property owner or his or her insurer, you should call (205) 933-1500 to speak to a highly skilled premises liability lawyer.
Belt & Bruner operates on a contingency fee basis, meaning you won’t owe us a dime unless we obtain a verdict or settlement for your case. With offices in Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, and Montgomery, our Alabama personal injury lawyers will travel to virtually any location in the state.