What You Need to Know About the Most Dangerous Toys of the YearPublished: Jan 27, 2021 in Defective Products
You do everything you can for your child. You buy them the latest toys that you expect to be fun and safe. However, some of those toys are inherently dangerous and can hurt your loved ones. Read below to learn about some of the most dangerous toys of the year.
If a toy or any other product hurts your child, you need an attorney right away. The manufacturer will have a team of attorneys on their side. Call Belt & Bruner, P.C. today at (205) 933-1500 or use our online contact form to reach out.
What Makes Toys Dangerous and Who Is at Fault?
There is a multitude of ways that a toy can harm your child. A dangerous toy might have been manufactured in a hazardous manner, sold without proper instructions and safety warnings, or made with harmful components. In each of these situations, multiple parties could be responsible for the harm that the toy causes.
When you file a product liability case against at-fault parties, you must include everyone who could be responsible. If you leave anyone out, your case might be thrown out altogether. It’s also possible that the parties you included will blame the people or companies you didn’t name, thereby relieving themselves of liability. You need to work with an attorney to make sure everyone is named in your lawsuit.
How Do I Know if a Toy Is Dangerous?
Before a toy even harms your child, you might be able to check to make sure no one else has been hurt by it. The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has a list of toys that have been recalled. You can search for specific products there and find out what to do for a replacement, repair, or refund.
Which Toys Were the Most Dangerous?
There were dozens of toys recalls in the United States over the past year. Some of the biggest recalls included the following toys:
- Contigo Kids Water Bottles – 5.7 million water bottles were recalled for being a choking hazard
- Step 2 Little Helper’s Grocery Shopping Carts – 17,000 were recalled due to a laceration risk
- Woom Bikes – 5,500 bicycles were impacted due to a loose part that can detach
- Kids & Koalas Baby Walkers – 3,600 walkers sold on Amazon were recalled because they do not meet federal safety standards
- Musical Lili Llama – 4,000 llamas were recalled due to a choking hazard
- Costway Baby Strollers – 16,000 strollers were recalled due to a violation of the federal stroller and carriage safety standard
- Super Soaker Water Blasters – 77,500 water blasters were recalled due to levels of lead on components
- Manhattan Ball Activity Toys – 22,100 teething toys sold at Target were recalled due to a choking hazard
- Aflac Doctor Duck – 635,500 plush toys were recalled due to levels of lead in the buttons
- Morfboard Skate & Scoot Scooters – 162,300 scooters were recalled due to a fall hazard
These are only a few of the hundreds of products that were recalled throughout the year.
A Product Liability Attorney Can Help if Your Child Is Injured
Our experienced team of product liability attorneys can help if your child is injured. When children become victims, society needs to act fast. We will step in and make the company responsible for your losses and take appropriate steps so no one else is hurt.