Huntsville Business Lawyers
Huntsville is much more than a mid-sized city in northern Alabama. The city offers a wide-range of industries, including the aerospace technology sectors. Huntsville features NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, Cummings Research Park, and the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command at Redstone Arsenal.
With the development of new businesses in the Huntsville metropolitan area and the growth of existing companies, disputes and accusations are bound to arise. Businesses cannot afford to ignore these issues or fail to aggressively defend against them when they lead to public allegations of wrongdoing, civil cases, or criminal charges. If you are a business owner in Madison County and you have been accused of misconduct or have been wronged by another individual or business’s unlawful action, contact our Huntsville business lawyers at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. We are here to help your business protect itself and thrive.
Potential Consequences of a Business Dispute
Whether you own a small, family-run business or you are a shareholder, director, or executive in a larger organization, you have to be objective about the possible consequences of a business dispute. If you fail to address a situation quickly enough or properly, you and the business could experience:
- Lost productivity
- Lost investments
- Reduced income
- Damage to the business’s reputation
- Unhappy employees
- A higher employee turnover rate
- Defaulting on loans
- Civil lawsuits
- Jury awards
- Higher settlement amounts
- Government investigations
- Criminal charges
- Loss of your business license
When you consider the ramifications of any type of business disagreement, you may quickly come to the conclusion that you need legal advice. Our experienced Huntsville business lawyers are here to review your situation, analyze the potential outcomes, and guide you through the process of appropriately and efficiently addressing the problem.
Our Attorneys Handle Many Types of Business Disputes
At Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C., we have more than 65 years of collective experience handling a wide-range of business disputes. Some of the business matters we address include:
- Contract disputes- No matter what industry you are a part of, you utilize contracts with employees, vendors, customers, and more. If there are accusations that you have not upheld your end of a deal, you could be in trouble for breach of contract. If another party did not abide by their contract with you, then you may have a claim against them. Whenever you believe you are coming up on a contract dispute, call an attorney.
- Shareholder disputes- The shareholders are the owners of your business, and their rights and responsibilities are dictated by agreement. If there are questions regarding what your shareholders can and cannot do, call our business lawyers right away.
- Accounting malpractice- Your organizations’ accountants are required to properly perform their jobs and not commit malpractice. If there are accusations that your accountants have done anything wrong due to carelessness, recklessness, or intentional misconduct, contact Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. immediately.
- Fraud- Following any allegations of business fraud, including any misrepresentations or outright deceit, call an attorney. If your business is being accused of fraudulent practices by investors, shareholders, employees, or clients, you will need to mount a strong defense. If the tables are turned and you believe the business has been a victim of fraud, our Huntsville business lawyers can also help.
- False claims- If there is evidence your business filed false claims against a state or federal program, you may face charges from the Department of Justice or a private whistleblower under the False Claims Act (FCA). However an FCA claim is started, you will need an experienced and trusted business attorney to defend you and try to minimize the consequences of these allegations.
- Deceptive trade practices- The Alabama Deceptive Trade Practices Act and other state and federal programs prohibit businesses from participating in deceptive, unfair, or unconscionable trade or commerce. If there are accusations of your business using unlawful practices, it may face significant penalties.
- Unfair competition- America values competition and frowns upon businesses using unfair methods to prevent new businesses, push competitors out of business, or limit competitors’ opportunities. If you are accused of using unlawful means to limit your competition, you could face civil and criminal consequences under both federal and state law.
- Intellectual property theft- If you believe someone is unlawfully profiting off your business’s intellectual property, such as patented products copyrighted texts, call our Huntsville business lawyers right away. Ownership of intellectual property can be complicated, yet you still need to enforce your business’s ownership rights at all times.
- Tortious interference- If your business is accused of intentionally interfering with another business’s or individual’s contracts, you could face serious civil actions and consequences. Let our business lawyers at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. help you address this situation.
Contact our Huntsville Business Lawyers Today
If your business is involved in a legal dispute, do not try to navigate this potentially complex issue yourself. Attempting to handle issues with an investor, employee, customer, or other business professional who feels wronged may result in additional misunderstanding and legal trouble. Before determining how you can or should handle a problem, contact Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. today.
Our attorneys will thoroughly review the situation and explain your rights, obligations, and legal options. You may be in a strong position to defend yourself, or you may be focused on how to minimize the consequences of the current issue. No matter the circumstances, we will fight for the best possible outcome for your business.