Electrical Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved has been harmed in an electrical accident, you will need the help of a skilled electrical injury lawyer who can investigate the cause of the incident and help you recover compensation from the negligent or responsible party. The experienced electrical injury attorneys at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C., have years of experience obtaining fair compensation for our injured clients by successfully negotiating with insurance providers and taking their cases to court.
Accidents with electrical equipment are a common occurrence in the Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, and Montgomery. The electric shock that you receive in an accident can cause a great variety of serious injuries, and it can require a long recovery period for you to get your life back to normal.
Electrical Accidents Can Cause Many Different Physical Problems
While no two injuries are the same, electrical injuries are particularly bad since each one can cause a wide variety of damage to the victim’s body. If you sustain a serious electric shock, you may be suffering from tissue damage as well as failure of one or several organs. Organ systems can be badly damaged as well. Of the seemingly countless types of injuries that can occur as the result of a bad electrical accident, some include:
- Burns to skin and internal organs. These may require surgery to remove damaged tissue. Infections resulting from these burns are the leading cause of death for those hospitalized for electric shock.
- Broken bones and torn muscles due to severe muscle spasms or from falling in your accident.
- Heart issues often result from electrical accidents. You may have an irregular heartbeat or damage to a heart valve.
- Brain or neurological damage from electric shock can result in many problems such as movement disorders, seizures, headaches, and speech impediments
There Are Many Different Causes of Electrical Shock or Deadly Electrocutions
We are constantly at risk of suffering an electrical accident while performing numerous common and routine activities. While many devastating accidents happen to those who are working with electrical equipment at their job or for a personal project, you can be completely caught off guard by a devastating shock while doing many things that do not include the use of powerful electronic devices. Your electrical accident lawyer can help you seek damages for your injuries, but first an investigation must be performed to find out who was careless with the use or manufacturing of powerful electric equipment.
Some of the causes for devastating electric shocks or deadly electrocutions include:
- Poor wiring harming workers or people who are simply in the building
- Flammable materials or water being left near exposed wires
- Preventative devices such as ground fault circuit interrupters or polarized plugs not properly being used
- Electric cords improperly installed under flooring
- Power not being properly shut off prior to work
- Construction equipment colliding or falling on exposed cables or power lines
- Digging that results in contact with a buried electrical cable
You Will Need to Recover Proper Compensation After an Electrical Accident
If you or a loved one have been badly hurt after an electric shock, your expenses can be substantial, and you may feel overwhelmed and uncertain about what to do next. Your accident may have been caused by many things such as faulty equipment, improper warning signs, improper training, or a lack of proper safety measures. It’s understandable to be uncertain about who was at fault in your accident. A skilled attorney will study your injuries and the accident scene in order to figure out exactly what went wrong.
After showing your case to the other party’s insurance provider or taking your case to court, we may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages, which may include:
- Hospital and medication expenses
- Physical pain
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of income
- Loss of quality of life
How the Electrical Injury Lawyers from Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. Can Help
Electric shocks can cause horrific injuries and sideline you for a long time. Many cases are severe enough to cause permanent injuries, and many victims are killed by electrocution. Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. often helps clients who have been hurt on the job in an electrical accident, but we also know how to help you if you were hurt by faulty electrical equipment at your home, or if you were simply at the wrong place at the wrong time when you were injured. A successful recovery from an electric burn or electrocution accident involves a skilled attorney taking time to determine exactly what happened to you or your loved one, and then aggressively pursuing the damages you need.
Our serious injury attorneys have years of experience fighting for our clients’ rights when negotiating with insurance providers or taking cases to court. Do not hesitate to call us if you have been hurt in an electric accident and need help getting your life back on track. Contact us today at 205-933-1500.