No Fee Unless We Win. Free Case Evaluation: 205-933-1500.

Alabama Vehicle Accident Lawyers

Auto injuries and motor vehicle accidents occur every single day throughout Alabama. The resulting injuries and fatalities can be devastating. If you’ve been involved in a vehicle accident, you likely have many questions about what to do next. We offer free initial consultations so there is no risk in you speaking with our vehicle accident lawyers, learning about your rights, and having the information you need to decide what to do next. Call Belt & Bruner, P.C. today at 205-933-1500 or use our online contact form. With offices in Birmingham, Mobile, Huntsville, and Montgomery, our attorneys will quickly travel to investigate your case.

What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident in Alabama

When you are involved in a vehicle accident, there are certain steps you should take to improve your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve under the law.

  • Always prioritize your health and safety. If you need emergency medical care, do not hesitate to call 911 or ask someone else to. Even if you do not need emergency services, see your physician soon after the accident.
  • Contact local law enforcement or call 911. You will want documentation of the accident. If you need emergency personnel, then call 911. If no one is hurt, then you may be able to use local authority’s non-emergency number. In either case, do not leave the scene until the relevant authority has arrived and has the information they need to file a report.
  • If you are able to, and once you are safe, document the accident as best you can. In today’s modern age, that means pulling out your phone and taking photos and videos.
  • You should exchange information with the other party involved. If you can, obtain the other person’s name, contact information, and insurance information. If there are witnesses sticking around the scene, ask for their names and contact information too.

After all these immediate steps are taken care, you should contact our motor vehicle accident lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. We will walk you through the necessary steps to file a motor vehicle insurance claim so that you can move forward after an accident.

Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries?

When a vehicle accident causes you harm, you must consider whether you have a legal claim for compensation. You have a valid claim if there is evidence another person was at fault for the accident and your current injuries. For another person to be at fault, they must have behaved in a way that was negligent, grossly negligent, or intentionally harmful.

When a lawyer says that someone acted negligently, the simplest explanation is that the person failed to act in the responsible way they should have. In regard to vehicle accidents, it means that person failed to act as a reasonable person would have in the same or similar circumstances. A common analogy to negligence is carelessness. For example, a driver may be considered negligent if they do not pay attention and drive 35 mph in a 25 mph school zone and rear-end someone.

Gross Negligence
Gross negligence is worse behavior than carelessness. It occurs when a person consciously and voluntarily ignores how a reasonable person would act in the situation, despite knowing their behavior could put other people or property in danger. For example, a person may be considered grossly negligence when they drive 90 mph down a 25 mph school zone and cause a multi-vehicle crash.

Intentional Harm
Another person can be responsible for your injuries based on intentional misconduct, not just negligence or gross negligence. You may have a claim the evidence supports that a person willfully acted in a way they knew would likely cause you harm.

Whether you believe your injuries were the result of another person’s carelessness, recklessness, or ill intent, you should speak with an experienced vehicle accident lawyer about your situation and your legal options. Our team of Alabama motor vehicle injury lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. is ready to listen to your situation and determine your next best steps, such as filing an insurance claim, sending a demand letter, or filing a personal injury lawsuit.

Vehicle Accident Compensation

If you are injured in an accident involving a motor vehicle and the accident was the result of another person’s negligence or intentional misconduct, then you should contact us about the potential value of your claim. As the injured party, you may be able to pursue compensation for your:

  • Medical costs
  • Loss of earning potential
  • Physical pain
  • Mental anguish
  • Physical impairment
  • Disfigurement
  • Loss of quality of life
  • Property loss or damage

Many of these damages are not predictable figures. You cannot derive their value from a bill or pay stub. That is why you need to an experienced vehicle accident lawyer who can translate your non-economic injuries into a monetary figure, and then fight for you to receive this amount from the at-fault party or their insurer.

We Handle All Types of Vehicle Accidents

Pedestrian Accidents
There is little protection for a pedestrian when they are hit by a bike or vehicle. If you were involved in an accident while you were walking, jogging or cycling, you should contact our pedestrian accident lawyers. Your body absorbs all of the impacts, and you may be suffering from significant injuries right now. Our team at Belt & Bruner, P.C. has handled many pedestrian accidents, including bicycle vs. pedestrian accidents. We want to help you recover as much compensation as possible for your injuries.

Personal Vehicle Accidents
Every day there are millions of vehicles on the road, and every day someone is involved in an accident. This time, it may have been you or a relative. Many crashes are minor and are quickly handled with an insurance claim. However, when a car accident causes you injuries or leads to the death of a loved one, you need a lawyer to protect your rights and fight for compensation.

Commercial Vehicle Accidents
At Belt & Bruner, P.C., we are also well-versed in commercial vehicle accidents, including bus accidents, truck accidents, and train accidents. If you were injured in a bus accident, whether you were riding the bus or struck by a bus, then you need a bus accident lawyer on your case. These cases are different than your average car crash. A bus is typically a commercial vehicle, which means a variety of state and federal regulations may impact your case. Also, the party liable for compensating you may not be the bus driver or the party renting the bus. Another party who owns the bus and employs the driver may be the liable party.

Like bus accidents, train accidents are often complicated by state and federal regulations and the involvement of multiple parties you may not know of right away. After being hurt in a train accident, you should speak with our train accident lawyers. We have handled numerous train accident cases, from vehicle-train collisions at crossings to derailments. We will ensure your claim does not get lost amongst the media attention and federal investigations. We will fight hard for you to receive the compensation you deserve.

Recreational Vehicle and Boating Accidents
Unfortunately, sometimes recreational vehicle accidents happen while you are out having fun. You may be hurt while riding in a recreational vehicle, including four-wheelers, ATVs, and motor homes, or you may be struck by one. You may also be injured while riding in a boat or hit by a boat while out enjoying the water. These cases are bit different than other vehicle accident claims because there may be special regulations that apply to the vehicle or its operator. For instance, if you were on or struck by a boat, there are rules of the water the boat operator was required to follow. In this situation, you need a RV or boat accident lawyer to determine what happened, who was at fault, and who is liable for compensating you.

Farm Vehicle Accidents
Not all vehicles on the road are for personal use. Instead of your family sedan or mini-van, you may have been involved in an accident with a farm vehicle. Farmers often have no choice but to drive their equipment on local roads to get it from one field to another. These vehicles are often extra wide and slow. They may have large blind spots and need to make wide turns. All of these factors mean drivers, motorcycle riders, cyclists, and pedestrians need to be extra careful around them – and farmers need to take extra precautions while on public roads. If you were hurt in a farm vehicle accident, do not hesitate to call Belt & Bruner, P.C. to speak with a tractor-trailer accident lawyer.

Aviation Accidents
Vehicle accidents are not only on the land or water, they may also involve air travel. If you were involved in an accident with a commercial plane, small personal plane, or another type of aircraft, you should contact our aviation accident lawyers immediately. These are unique accidents and you need an attorney with experience handling cases within this specific industry.

Belt & Bruner, P.C.’s Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You

No matter what type of vehicle accident you were in, you should have an attorney on your case as soon as possible. A vehicle accident lawyer is there to protect your rights and put your needs first – two things an insurer is not going to do. While you are fighting for the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, wages, and future needs, the insurer is focusing on its bottom line. At Belt & Bruner, P.C., we will fight hard for you to obtain the maximum compensation you deserve under the law and not the low-ball offer the insurer will want you to accept.

To schedule a consultation and discuss how we can help you, contact our Alabama injury law firm via our online form or call 205-933-1500 today.