Huntsville Car Accident Lawyers
There is an accident reported every three minutes, according to the Alabama Department of Transportation. If you or a loved one is injured in a Huntsville car crash, you could have serious medical bills, lost wages, and lifelong health problems.
A Huntsville car accident lawyer with Belt & Bruner, P.C. can help you recover compensation. We take care of the insurance claim and any legal action so that you can focus on your health and loved ones.
Please take a moment to call a car injury attorney at our law firm for a free consultation. You deserve to know your rights and options for collecting damages. Call (256) 513-6848 or use our online contact form for your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
What Our Firm Does to Help You
It can be hard to know what to do after a crash. You may be injured and scared. The insurance companies might call you soon afterward with questions.
A car accident lawyer in Huntsville guides you through the legal process and toward resources that make your life easier.
At Belt & Bruner, P.C.:
- We collect evidence
- We communicate with the other parties and insurance companies
- We file your claim
- We prepare for court, if necessary
Responsive Legal Care that Gets Results
Who pays your medical bills for a car accident that was not your fault? Our car injury lawyers believe that the party who injured you should take full responsibility for your economic and emotional damages.
While many car accident cases settle outside of court, our trial lawyers will be ready if the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith.
Our only goal is to help injured and disabled clients secure financial recovery to make them whole. Frankly, we are exceptionally good at what we do.
Here are some recent case results:
- $13 million jury verdict in a distracted driving case
- $6 million jury verdict for a car accident
- $2.4 million settlement for an amputation caused by defective tire treads
- $2 million settlement for car accident victims
Our car accident lawyers work for you on a contingency basis. You owe us nothing unless and until we recover compensation on your behalf.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
The value of every case is different. Insurance companies (and the court) consider the extent, nature, and severity of your injuries. Our car accident lawyers would assess your total losses, from the cost of the emergency room visit to the loss of companionship if a loved one died from their injuries.
Our Huntsville car accident lawyers seek compensation for such damages as:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning potential
- Damage to your vehicle and other personal property
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Wrongful death
We are relentless in our pursuit of compensation and justice for you and your loved ones.
What Our Clients Say About Us
No one is above the law. The law firm of Belt & Bruner, P.C. takes on powerful insurance companies, big corporations, drunk drivers, and others who cause injury or death to innocent people.
We keep our clients close, and it is terrific to hear testimonials like these:
- “I can’t thank this firm enough about how they went about my case, how they fought hard for me, and the fact that they used the law in the way the law was intended to be.”
- “I would certainly recommend Belt & Bruner because of their knowledge and expertise. They’re wonderful to work with.”
- “[Keith Belt] worked relentlessly and went above and beyond the call of duty. He’s just an incredible man and an incredible attorney.”
Talk to Us Before the Insurance Company
There are several reasons why our car accident lawyers feel protective about our clients regarding insurance companies.
Some insurance companies use unscrupulous tactics to deny, delay or downplay your claim. That is why no matter how nice the insurance adjuster may sound, you should politely decline to answer their questions until you talk to a car injury attorney.
An insurance adjuster may:
- Blame you for all or some of the accident, which means you cannot recover damages under Alabama’s strict contributory negligence law.
- Pressure you into a lowball offer.
- Request that you turn over your medical information about your injuries.
We are aware of all these practices and how to address them effectively.
When to Call a Huntsville Car Accident Lawyer
The sooner you call, the sooner you can get help recovering compensation. There are other reasons for you to act quickly after the crash:
- Alabama imposes a two-year deadline for personal injury lawsuits.
- Evidence that supports your case can disappear, erose, or become unstable.
- Witnesses may be unavailable, and memories fade over time.
The most compelling reason to call the injury lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. is your peace of mind. You deserve to rest and recuperate. Knowing that an attorney is protecting your rights and seeking compensation for you can relieve your stress.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Huntsville
While some accidents are inexplicable, most car accidents occur for reasons that could be prevented.
According to the Alabama Department of Transportation, the most common causes of accidents that lead to injuries and fatalities include:
- Impaired driving
- Failing to yield right of way
- Improper lane change or use
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Inexperienced drivers
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
Your car accident lawyer can investigate and secure evidence to identify liable parties.
Common Car Crash Injuries
While traffic accidents can lead to any number of injuries depending on various factors, collisions often cause:
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash
- Stretched and torn muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Abdominal injuries
- Punctured organs
- Internal bleeding
- Simple and complex bone fractures, like broken ribs and limbs
- Spinal cord injuries, which can cause paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Nerve damage
- Burn injuries
We Handle Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one in a car crash in Huntsville or a nearby town, do not hesitate to call Belt & Bruner, P.C. for help. We understand that the last thing you want to think about is insurance claims or lawsuits.
However, the sooner we investigate the crash and gather evidence on your behalf, the more likely you and your family members could obtain an acceptable settlement or jury award.
Call a Huntsville Car Injury Lawyer Today
Pursuing compensation after a car accident can be difficult. Insurance claims adjusters can be frustrating to deal with, especially when you are recovering from your injuries. Instead of handling everything yourself, you have the right to ask for knowledgeable and experienced legal advice.
At Belt & Bruner, P.C., our car accident lawyers are ready to take on your case. We deal with the insurance issues, and if necessary, guide you through the court process for a personal injury lawsuit. Our priorities will always be to protect your rights and obtain the maximum amount of compensation possible.