Resources After a Car Accident in BirminghamPublished: Apr 22, 2021 in Car Accidents
As experienced car accident lawyers, we know you need help after a crash. Car accidents throw your life into disarray. Life became both painful and chaotic – fast.
In times like this, it can be hard to know where to turn for help. But the team at Belt & Bruner, P.C. has you covered. We have compiled a list of resources after a car accident in Birmingham. For legal help after a crash, reach out to the Birmingham car accident lawyers at our firm.
Call us for a free consultation: (205) 933-1500.
How To Get a Car Accident Report in Birmingham
The paperwork is one of the hardest parts of a car accident. In most cases, your attorney will do this for you. But you may still have questions.
One of the most essential pieces of paper will be your car accident report. This report is an official police statement about your crash. That means it can be helpful if you decide to sue for your car accident.
But how do you get a car accident report in Birmingham? If the Birmingham Police Department came to the scene of your crash, they likely filed a police report. You can request your car accident report from the BPD Records Division.
You can get your car accident report from BPD in four ways:
- In person: Visit the BPD Records Division between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday to get your report. Their address is 1710 1st Ave. North, Birmingham, Alabama, 35203.
- By phone: Call BPD at 205-254-6308 to request your accident report by phone.
- By mail: To request your report by mail, send a money order or certified check to 1710 1st Ave. North, Birmingham, Alabama, 35203. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope or your email address so the BPD can send you your report.
- Online: You can request your police report online here.
Keep in mind that you will have to pay a small fee. As of 2021, the cost to get a car accident report in Birmingham is $5.
Seeking Mental Health Treatment After a Crash
Car crashes are scary. Many victims suffer severe mental trauma. If you have mental trauma after a car accident, you should seek mental health treatment. But sadly, getting mental health treatment can be a challenge in Birmingham.
If you need mental health treatment after a Birmingham car accident, you have a few options:
- Call your primary doctor and ask for a referral
- Call your health insurance and ask for a list of Birmingham mental health providers who are taking new patients
- Contact the Alabama Department of Mental Health to ask for help finding a provider
- Search for a provider on a directory, such as Alabama Mental Health
Mental trauma after a car accident is common damage listed in car crash lawsuits. If you are suffering from trauma after your crash, you may be entitled to compensation.
Help Paying Medical Bills After a Birmingham Auto Accident
A car accident injury can lead to tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills. From ambulance rides and medevacs to surgeries and physical therapy, the costs add up fast. Even if you have health insurance, you may still face thousands of dollars in medical bills.
The good news is that there are resources for people who can’t afford to pay their medical bills. Several Birmingham hospitals have their own financial assistance programs for this purpose:
These programs can help you set up payment plans that keep you from getting into a deeper and deeper financial hole.
Another way to cover your medical bills after a car accident is to file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Talk to a trusted lawyer to discuss your legal options.
Getting Legal Help From a Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer
An experienced car accident lawyer can be one of the best resources after a car accident. Why? Because lawyers have seen countless car crash cases. They know what you are going through and what you need. And they know how to help.
On top of that, an attorney can reduce your stress. They can handle the stressful legal details of seeking compensation while you focus on recovering.
Talk To a Lawyer at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C.
You need help after a car accident. This is especially true after a car crash that injures you. We hope these resources can provide the help you need.