At some point after a serious car accident, you may come to the conclusion that you need an attorney. If you or a loved one suffered significant injuries, you may have known right away that you wanted a lawyer on your side. Or, the realization may have come later when you started having trouble with the insurance company. Wherever you are in your case, our Huntsville car accident lawyers at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. are here to help. Read below to learn the top questions for any car accident attorney.
We understand it takes time and research to find the right law firm for you, which is why we offer free case evaluations. During this initial appointment, we will listen to your story and ask follow up questions in order to understand your situation. You also have the opportunity to ask us questions to determine if we are the right firm for you.
To schedule your free consultation, call a Huntsville car accident lawyer at Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. at (205) 933-1500 or use our online contact form.
Top Questions for a Huntsville Car Accident Attorney
When you are meeting attorneys in Huntsville to discuss your car accident case, consider asking the following questions:
- Will you handle my case personally? Some law firms send a paralegal to your consultation or they send a senior attorney when a junior associate will likely handle your case. At Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C. we believe that you deserve to speak with the person who will actually represent you.
- How long have you practiced? It is good to get a sense of how much experience an attorney has overall in addition to handling cases like yours.
- How long have you represented car accident victims? It is not enough to know you have an experienced attorney. You also want someone who handles car accident claims regularly.
- Do you have experience with any particular type of crash or injury? Some firms come to specialize in representing people hurt in specific types of car accidents or who are suffering from certain kinds of injuries. This information may be relevant to your situation.
- How many car accident claims have you taken to court and won? Some personal injury attorneys will always push clients to settle and rarely take a claim to court. It is good to know the firm you hire can handle a trial in the event your case comes to that.
- How many car accident claims have you settled? You want to get a feel for how many claims the attorneys settle versus take to trial. It is important to keep in mind that it is common for car accident claims to settle out of court.
- How do you normally communicate with clients? If you are someone who needs a great deal of contact and transparency during serious matters like a car accident claim, then you want to know your attorney is available when you call or email and will keep in touch throughout your case. Ask whether the attorney typically responds faster to phone calls or emails, and ask how long clients usually wait for a reply.
- Do you provide consistent progress reports to your clients? It may not be enough to know your lawyer will return your phone call quickly. You may be worried about long periods of silence. Ask the attorney how they handle progress reports for their cases if they provide them at all.
- What is your assessment of my situation? It is important to not leave an initial consultation without the lawyer’s first thoughts, including whether you have a valid claim, the likelihood of a settlement, and the potential value of your claim. This information can make a significant difference in whom you choose to represent you.
- What are your fees? Most personal injury lawyers charge on a contingency fee basis, which means they are not paid unless you obtain a settlement or court award. However, it is essential to know any fees you would be obligated to pay and when before you choose an attorney. If the lawyer uses a contingency fee, ask for the percentage.
Our Car Accident Lawyers in Huntsville Want to Help You
At Belt, Bruner, & Barnett P.C., our Huntsville car accident lawyers have decades of collective experience helping car accident victims pursue the compensation they deserve under the law. We have taken many cases to trial and are not afraid to face insurance companies and negligent drivers across the courtroom. We are proud to be able to say our trial experience has led to us receiving million and multi-million dollar awards for some of our clients.
To learn more about our experience and philosophy on helping our community, contact us at (205) 933-1500 or use our online form to schedule your free consultation.