Montgomery Business Lawyers
Home > Montgomery Business Lawyers
As the second largest city in Alabama, Montgomery is home to many businesses including international corporations and family-run operations. A long time ago, Montgomery became a major agricultural processing and distribution hub, and it continues to be a processing center for several types of goods today. While the Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base and other government or military operations employ a large portion of the population, in recent years the city has increased employment in many sectors, including health care and manufacturing.
Whether you are part of a long-standing business in the Montgomery County community or you are starting a new venture, you will need an experienced business lawyer’s knowledge and skills at some point during your career. At Belt & Bruner, P.C., our Montgomery business lawyers are ready to thoroughly review any allegations against you and your business practices. We will explain your rights and obligations. Our goal is to address any issues quickly and appropriately so that we can minimize the potential consequences on you, your business, you, and other employees.
Let Our Montgomery Business Lawyers Handle Your Dispute
The business lawyers at Belt & Bruner, P.C. have more than 65 years of collective experience and are confident in handling a wide range of business issues. Whether dealing with federal authorities regarding your tax liability or disputing a marketing practice, we are here to help with the following:
- Contract disputes- As you operate your business, you will likely use many contracts. These may be written and/or oral agreements with your employees, clients, vendors, and more. In some situations, the parties’ rights and obligations under a contract may be clear. In others, some parties simply do not perform as they should. If you are dealing with someone who breached a contract, or your business is being accused of not upholding an agreement, contact us today.
- Tortious interference- Individuals and businesses have the right to form legal contracts. If another business accuses you of knowingly and intentionally interfering with their agreements, you could face a number of legal actions and consequences. Call our Montgomery business lawyers to learn more about tortious interference, and how they can help if you are being accused of such a wrongdoing.
- Shareholder disputes- Shareholder rights and responsibilities should be clearly defined. However, that does not stop grey areas or disagreements from arising. If you or your business is involved in a shareholder dispute, contact Belt & Bruner, P.C. as soon as you can. These issues need to be resolved quickly to avoid serious consequences for your business.
- Business Fraud- Neither a business nor any of its owners or employees can use lies or misrepresentation for financial gain. If the business is being accused of using, advocating, or concealing fraudulent practices, it may face harsh consequences. Call a Montgomery business lawyer to learn more about fraud crimes and punishments today.
- False claims- It is illegal to submit false whistleblower claims to the state or federal government. If there is evidence that you intentionally submitted fraudulent claims or, then you can face significant financial penalties. When facing a Federal False Claims Act case, contact us immediately. When individual whistleblowers come forward with cases, they often do not have any or as much incriminating evidence as they would have others believe. There are many ways to defend yourself and your business.
- Deceptive trade practices- Federal law and the Alabama Deceptive Trade Practices Act prohibit businesses from using or participating in deceptive, unfair, or unconscionable trade or commerce. Your business cannot deceive consumers about material information regarding your products or services. If your business is being accused of deceptive trade practices, call our Montgomery business lawyers right away.
- Unfair competition- Businesses are not entitled take unfair measures to prevent new businesses from forming, push competitors out of business, or limit their competitors’ opportunities. If your business is being accused of unfair competition practices, contact a business attorney today.
- Intellectual property theft- Depending on your business’s products or services, it may have a number of items that are patented, copyrighted, or trademarked. If another individual or business is illegally using your protected intellectual property, or your business is being accused of intellectual property theft, contact Belt & Bruner, P.C. immediately.
- Accounting malpractice- Accountants and other financial officers of your business are required to perform their job duties honestly and ethically. Accountants have a duty to not commit malpractice. If you are facing a dispute due to an accounting issue, contact our Montgomery business lawyers today.
Avoid the Consequences of a Mishandled Business Dispute
Whether you see a business issue forming, or one unexpectedly rears its head, you need to figure out how to appropriately and efficiently address it as soon as possible. Ignoring a looming dispute or improperly confronting an immediate issue usually leads to significant consequences for you and your business. If your business is large, this dispute may be something you can recover from relatively quickly. However, the smaller your business, the greater the impact of a dispute can have.
Whether you are a small, mid-sized, or large business, one of the disputes above could lead to:
- Lost investors
- Damage to your business’s reputation
- Falling sales
- Reduced income
- Unhappy employees
- Lost productivity
- A higher employee turnover rate
- Defaulting on loans
- Civil lawsuits against you
- Higher settlement amounts
- Government investigations
- Criminal charges
- Loss of your business license
The best way to avoid these consequences or minimize their impact is to work with experienced and knowledgeable business lawyers in Montgomery as soon as possible. The minute you suspect a problem is coming, contact Belt & Bruner, P.C.
Let a Montgomery Business Lawyer Protect You
As a business owner, executive officer, or employee, you could be involved in any number of business disputes. However, without any legal training or previous experience with this type of matter, your legal rights, responsibilities, and options may be unclear. At Belt & Bruner, P.C., we strive to offer clarity. While we cannot predict everything that may happen, we can answer your questions, explain your rights, and guide you through the pros and cons of the various options available to you. Whatever decision you make for your business, we will fight for the best possible outcome.
For a free consultation with one of our business lawyers can help, contact Belt & Bruner, P.C. online, or by calling 334-513-1841.